Overview of Role:
Role: Marketing Director
Company: PawSwap Services Ltd.
Location: Working from home/based in Vancouver
Expected start date: November 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Who We Are…
Founded in 2015, PawSwap is a Vancouver-based community driven pet app that identifies dog-friendly businesses and locations, alongside their full dog policies, in one convenient place for dog owners. Dog Owners collect Points by visiting dog-friendly businesses and can swap them out for rewards that can be enjoyed with their dogs. We have a talented group of people on our team, and while we are growing fast, we place a high priority in finding the right candidates that fit the cultural integrity of the company. Beyond the app, PawSwap has an online publication called OhMyDog! by PawSwap (OMD), which is a hyper-local focused publication that provides dog owners with relevant and current news style articles, as well as useful posts and local vet advice.
More about the role…
PawSwap App is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead overall strategy of its app and Online Publication, OMD, while driving exceptional Digital Marketing growth to expand PawSwap across Canada.
Reporting into the COO, this role is a key member of the Executive Team, mentor to the Marketing Team, and will be responsible for the creating and leading the company’s marketing and communications strategies, as well as overall branding and image. You are action oriented and have an ability to think strategically, have a passion for tactical and detailed marketing execution, are a problem solver by nature, love data and driving decisions based on stats. You love your work and are highly engaged in all aspects of it.
Job duties and responsibilities…
You will deliver and execute a marketing strategy that includes a social media campaign, partnerships with influencers, a content marketing strategy to drive leads, a growth marketing strategy that uses social media and email to build customer loyalty, a member acquisition strategy, and a lead generation strategy that delivers both qualified leads to the sales team for points and reward partners.
• Plan, execute, and oversee monthly, quarterly and annual execution of the marketing strategy and budget
• Achieving and exceeding monthly and annual plans by defining and managing key performance levers of digital marketing metrics including, but not limited to, spend, traffic, and conversion
• Create and monitor calendars of campaigns and events to achieve goals and objectives
• Manage and refine the organization’s social media presence creating a cross-promotional strategy while managing and measuring campaign effectiveness and costs to achieve desired goals to engage users and partners.
You will provide PawSwap with a competitive edge and enhance the PawSwap business strategy by performing a competitor analysis (direct, indirect and substitute) to understand our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses in comparison to our own and to find a gap(s) in the market.
• Conduct market research studies, review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan as necessary while identifying new business opportunities
You will lead the development and refinement of the PawSwap brand, messaging and creative designs in order to attract potential consumers, including go-to-market planning and driving , leading consumer-facing communication approaches for the brand and serving as a primary marketing point of contact with the external business partners, enabling strong, collaborative working relationships.
• Develop and maintain a brand strategy while communicating the brand identity with the team
Working closely with the operations team, you will be responsible creating a well-designed marketing analytics strategy with the goal to make smarter and more informed business decisions and improve overall business strategy.
• Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team
• Lead, build, and execute new revenue growth opportunities such as identifying digital marketing trends, new technologies, and evolving best practices
• Identify and implement tools and materials to enable the marketing and sales team to function effectively
• Utilize data for marketing campaigns, interrogating the organization’s databases and external data
• Lead the Communications Editor in negotiating with media agencies and securing agreements on the production of promotional materials
• Creation and implementation of lead generation systems and processes while supporting sales and lead generation efforts.
• Working with sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
• Compile lists describing our offerings, develop and managing advertising campaigns and promotions, while building brand awareness and positioning.
• Develop and oversee vendor and external partner relationships; build excellent relationships while providing clear expectations to deliver results
• Overseeing social media and content marketing execution.
• Own reporting structure and procedures, implement KPIs, and share with team/cross-functional teams
• Own digital marketing budget, ensuring optimal allocation of dollars across advertising channels based on performance metrics and find opportunities to go big!
• Lead execution of in-market content plans, own content calendar and promo activities, mentor team in execution of digital marketing channels such as email, social media, mobile app push notifications
Job requirements and skills…
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• A customer focused attitude
• Content creation experience
• SEO and PPC experience, certifications preferred
• Strong drive for results
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Ability to analyze problems and create and execute a solution
• Experience in marketing and running a marketing team.
• Proven successful marketing campaign experience.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
• Strong copywriting and design skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage budgets.
• Professional and proactive work ethic.
• High competence in project and stakeholder management.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including MS Office, Google Analytics, Firebase, Facebook Business,
• Experience with Hubspot, Drupal, and App-Store Connect is an asset
• 5+ years of Digital Marketing leadership experience with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
• Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing including analytics, major search, social and display advertising platforms
• Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a positive attitude
• Strong management and leadership skills; ability to grow and manage a team and work well cross-functionally
• Strong project management skills
• Builds strong internal working relationships and is a strong communicator
• With a “no job is too small” mentality, you roll up your sleeves, boldly jump in and get it done!
Please send resumes to email@example.com